Know Procedure of Installation & Configuration of IBM Notes 9 on Windows
The installation and configuration process of Lotus Notes 9.0 on your machine is free of complications. Given below are the full-fledged steps for Installation & Configuration of IBM Notes 9 on Windows OS:
Note: This guide is only for Lotus Notes version 9.0. For all other versions the process slightly varies but can proceed the same way as shown here.
- First of all locate installation set up file for IBM Notes 9. Double click and Run (You can easily search it on web and download it from IBM notes official website)
- IBM Notes 9.0 Social Edition – Install Wizard dialog will appear on the screen. Press Next. Given below is the screenshot:
- After this, choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’ and then press ‘Next’
- Ensure to check Installation paths, note my existing setup is ‘Client Only’ installer I don’t have the multi-user option available*. Choose the path and press ‘Next’. In case of using standard set up, then you will come across options such as Single user and Multi-User Options.
- After this, select the Installation options. In this step choose all the features leaving single logon, including the full Design and Admin clients, and the NEW “Notes Browser Plug-in” and “OpenSocial Component” options. Press on ‘Next’ after selecting the features.
- After installation of Lotus Notes, check all the boxes if you want to use the email client as default app for mails, calendar, contacts along with speeding up the start up procedure by choosing ‘Launch parts of Notes’ and then press ‘Install’
- Lotus Notes installer will start extracting the program and move away data files to your PC’s hard disk.
- After completion of installer, a completion message will appear on the screen as show in the below screenshot. Press ‘Finish’ to proceed
- This leads to installation of the software on PC. Then comes the turn for configuration of Lotus Notes 9.
- Start Lotus Notes 9 via ‘Start’ screen or use Desktop icons displaying the ‘Splash’ screen
- Then configuration wizard will start. This will help to know what sort of info needed to enter to configure Lotus Notes 9. Then Press ‘Click’. Check the below mentioned screen for better understanding:
- Now, enter IBM Notes username along with ‘home’ Domino server and then press click ‘Next’. Check out the below given screenshot:
- Suppose the info in step 14 is entered correctly then a message will prompt on screen asking for User ID password. Press ‘Sign In’
- Lotus Notes comes with the features which help you to connect with Notes client for availing other Internet services. These services can be configured anytime. Press ‘Next’ as shown in the below mentioned screen:
- Finally, Lotus Notes 9 installed and configured successfully.
Once the setup is configured you can start using IBM notes to send or receive emails. Most of our tools like PST to NSF, MBOX to NSF, MSG to NSF, EML to NSF etc need Lotus Notes client installed and configured on machine to perform the conversion. Thus; it will help you successfully perform the desirable configuration and overcome the error which says “Lotus Notes not found” while using our tool.